Ex-Panthers star Carruth to be released from prison after conspiring to kill pregnant girlfriend

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/12/16/4997060-0-image-a-29_1539357679094.jpg

Former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth will be released from a North Carolina prison on October 22 after being convicted in connection with the 1999 drive-by-shooting death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend, Cherica Adams.

Carruth was sentenced to 18-to-24 years in January of 2001 when he was convicted for conspiracy to commit the murder of Adams, who was 24 and seventh months pregnant at the time of her death. The former first-round pick out of Colorado would later claim that he was motivated by his desire to see Adams get an abortion.

Child - Chancellor - Lee - Adams - Emergency

The child, Chancellor Lee Adams, was delivered by emergency Caesarean section after the shooting and will turn 19 next month. Adams died four weeks after being shot four times by a hit man hired by Carruth, who fled and was later arrested by the FBI while hiding in the trunk of a car at a Tennessee hotel. He was charged for the murder along with three other individuals.

Chancellor has been raised by Adams's mother, Saundra, who previously said she and her grandson will be on hand when the 44-year-old Carruth gets released from the minimum-security Sampson Correctional Facility in Clinton, North Carolina. But while she was open to the possibility of having Carruth in the teenager's life, she was not receptive to the idea of giving him custody of Chancellor, who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy after being born 10 weeks early.

'I - Rae - Carruth - Custody - Chancellor

'I don't see Rae Carruth having custody of Chancellor Lee Adams ever,' she has said. 'I'm not concerned about him getting custody of Chancellor.'

In February, Carruth reportedly wrote a letter to Saundra in which he thanked her for raising his 'miracle child' Chancellor.

Custody - Chancellor - Carruth - Letter - March

Although he initially said he hoped to gain custody of Chancellor, Carruth wrote a separate letter in March in which he said he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Speaking only as an infidel......