Woman bursts into tears as she finally welcomes a baby after her best friend served as her surrogate

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/12/13/4990564-0-image-a-44_1539348527190.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/12/7187829119739870137/1024x576_MP4_7187829119739870137.mp4

A woman who suffered six miscarriages has finally welcomed a baby after her best friend served as her surrogate.

Erin Boelhower, 33, from Woodstock, Illinois, endured nine IVF transfers and more than 600 injections over the course of three years trying to get pregnant with husband Matthew, 33.

Erin - Matthew - String - Miscarriages - Hope

Erin and Matthew were left devastated after suffering a string of miscarriages, but never lost hope that they would one day become parents.

Their dream finally became a reality when Erin's best friend Rachel Checolinski, 34, gave them the gift of a lifetime and offered to be their surrogate.

January - Erin - Embryos - Rachel - Uterus

In January, two of Erin's embryos were transferred to Rachel's uterus. That same month, a test revealed she was pregnant.

The pals spent the next nine months side by side and Erin was at the hospital with Rachel, herself a mother of three, when she went into labor with baby Scottie on September 19.

Photo - Erin - Emotion - Daughter - Time

A precious photo shows Erin overwhelmed with emotion as she holds her newborn daughter for the first time, while husband Matthew bawls in the background.

I have no clue how I lived this long without Scottie,' Erin said.

'I - Everything

'I will never forget everything that we went through to get her here and she was definitely worth it all.'

Rachel, a full-time mom from Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, met Erin in 2008 when they worked at an airport together.

Feel - Rachel - Erin - Surrogate

'I feel like the lucky one,' Rachel said.'I'm so grateful Erin allowed me to be her surrogate.'

As soon as Erin married her husband Matthew, a former Marine, in October 2012, the couple began trying for children. Matthew now works as a corrections officer while Erin is a sales rep.

Year - Pregnancy - Test - Erin - Tube

After a year with no positive pregnancy test, Erin discovered that her left fallopian tube was infected and needed to be removed, making it very difficult for her to conceive naturally.

After...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!