Royal wedding: Richard Bacon reveals Princess Eugenie sent wife a letter when in coma

Mail Online | 5/24/2019 | Rebecca Davison for MailOnline
mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/12/10/4982268-0-image-a-26_1539335929102.jpg

He famously spent 12 days in intensive care and nine in a medically-induced coma in July after a virus 'exploded' in his lungs during a flight from the United States.

And Richard Bacon revealed that Princess Eugenie was kind enough to send his wife Rebecca a letter when he was in a coma following a mystery respiratory virus..

Surprise - Royal - Wedding - Jack - Brooksbank

So it comes as little surprise that he was pictured arriving at the royal's star-studded wedding to Jack Brooksbank's wedding at Windsor Castle on Friday.

The 42-year-old former Blue Peter presenter appeared happy and healthy after bouncing back from his near-death experience.

Interview - Eamonn - Holmes - St - George

He said in an interview with Eamonn Holmes ahead of entering St George's Chapel, that he and Princess Eugenie met in Miami.

Richard joined a host of other celebrity arrivals on the day, including Pixie Geldof, Chelsy Davy and Jimmy Carr.

Richard - Pneumonia - Lungs

Richard was initially incorrectly diagnosed with serious pneumonia across both lungs.

After Bacon failed to respond to treatment doctors were forced to take emergency action and place him in a coma.

Weeks - Richard - Doctors - Lung - Infection

Three weeks ago, Richard revealed how doctors expected him to die from a lung infection as he recalled the moment his wife told him to 'stay away from the white light'.

He spoke to Good Morning Britain about how close he came to death, describing the moment he was put under as the 'most shocking day of my life'.

Co-hosts - Piers - Morgan - Susanna - Reid

He told co-hosts Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid: 'I felt very bad for [my wife] Rebecca. For me, I found out afterwards how close I'd come [to death].

'As they were putting me in the coma she rubbed my feet and said "don't walk towards the white light", which I think was a joke, but I'm not entirely sure.

Point - Crash - Equipment - Hovering - Body

'There was one point where they had the crash equipment hovering over me, my body turned...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!