Why Darth Vader Is The Archetypal Liberal Fascist

The Federalist | 10/12/2018 | Warren Henry
urbanagirl3 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/1200px-Vader_at_Dragoncon_2010.jpg

Spoilers ahead for the Star Wars franchise, primarily the prequels, so consider yourself warned. This means you, Mary Katherine Ham.

With Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy getting a contract extension and The Mandalorian headed for television, it appears “Star Wars” will be with us on the regular for years to come.

Fandom - Episode - IX - Time - Lesson

As the fandom awaits Episode IX, it is as apt a time as any to consider a valuable political lesson from “Episode II: Attack of the Clones,” one of the worst entries in the franchise. Darth Vader was a liberal fascist.

Consider the scene in Episode II in which Anakin Skywalker accompanies Sen. Padme Amidala on a picnic while serving as her bodyguard on Naboo:

PADME - Politicians

PADME: You really don’t like politicians, do you?

ANAKIN: I like two or three, but I’m not really sure about one of them. [smiling] I don’t think the system works.

PADME

PADME: How would you have it work?

ANAKIN: We need a system where the politicians sit down and discuss the problems, agree what’s in the best interests of all the people, and then do it.

PADME - Trouble - People - Fact

PADME: That is exactly what we do. The trouble is that people don’t always agree. In fact, they hardly ever do.

ANAKIN: Then they should be made to.

PADME

PADME: By whom? Who’s going to make them?

ANAKIN: I don’t know. Someone.

PADME

PADME: You?

ANAKIN: Of course not me.

PADME - Someone

PADME: But someone.

ANAKIN: Someone wise.

PADME - Lot - Dictatorship

PADME: That sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me.

PADME: You’re making fun of me.

ANAKIN - Senator

ANAKIN: [sarcastically] On no, I’d be much too frightened to tease a senator.

PADME: You’re so bad!

Fact - Dictatorship - Fun - Flashing - Lightsaber

He was, in fact, so bad. It did sound like a dictatorship. He was making fun of her. All of this should have been yet a flashing red lightsaber warning Padme away from Anakin, but the heart wants what it wants.

The key aspect of the exchange, however, is that Anakin begins with the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You can never use the word unexpected when it comes to abuse of power by the government.
Tagged: