Is It Possible Christians Can Blaspheme God’s Name?

Christian Crier | 10/12/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/files/2017/11/Faith-ChristianIllustration-Window-Glass-Dove-Church_credit-Shutterstock-300x225.jpg

Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/christiancrier/files/2017/01/gavel-300x138.png

The Bible speaks of blasphemy, but what does it mean to blasphemy?

Blasphemy means to take the Lord God’s name in vain and use it in a worthless manner, which includes using it as a swear word. The Bible says that God will not let anyone get away with that (Deut 5:11), but what about euphemisms like “Gosh darn it” or “Jeeze,” “Oh my God,” and some even using “OMFG?” Anytime God’s name is used in an irreverent way, including Jesus’ name, it is considered blaspheme because Jesus Christ is God. Taking God’s name in vain means to use it in a pointless, careless, or even an angry way. When we blaspheme His name, we are taking the holiest, highest name in the universe and treating it with disdain, and to profane His holy name is sin. Euphemisms are the substitution of an agreeable or inoffensive expression for one that may offend or suggest something unpleasant, so even if we use a euphemism for God’s or Jesus’ name, we are profaning the name of God, and as I wrote, that is a serious thing to Him. I wonder how people would like it if someone used their mother’s name as a swear word, or their wife or husband’s name as a curse word? I believe most people wouldn’t like it very much, so imagine how a holy, perfect, and just God feels when we use His name as a swear word or use it in a vain or worthless manner?

Disparaging - God - Holy - Name - Innocent-sounding

Perhaps the greatest disparaging of God’s holy name is with the innocent-sounding and much used expression “Oh my God!” Sometimes it is abbreviated as OMG in texts, emails and on social networks, but now it’s even worse as we see OMFG, and you don’t need much of an imagination to know what...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christian Crier
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The beatings will continue until moral improves.
Tagged: