The #1 Reason the Best Leaders Get Things Done (When Others Don’t)

ChurchLeaders | 10/11/2018 | Staff
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/10.12.HOME_.CC.GettingThingsDone.jpg

You probably have something exciting that you’ve been thinking about doing for a long time.

A change you want to make in your church or organization. Or a personal side project or initiative you want to launch.

Wonder…every - Leader - Dreams - Goals - Hopes

No wonder…every leader has dreams, goals and hopes.

The problem is you haven’t done anything about it…yet.

Result - Leaders - Track - Record - Accomplishment

And as a result, so few leaders end up with a track record of accomplishment.

Why is that?

Something - Leaders - Field

Because almost all of us struggle with something the best leaders in their field don’t struggle with.

What is it?

Bias - Leaders - Ones - Possess

It’s a bias so few leaders have. But the great ones all possess.

A few years ago, I began to notice a trend among some friends that were accomplishing a lot.

Friend - Business - Lack - Traction - Week

One good friend was launching a business and was frustrated with the lack of traction he was seeing that week. So he decided to host a webinar…10 days later. Believe it or not, 600 people joined him for it.

Subscribe to ChurchLeaders!

Leadership - Podcast - Years - Mine - Podcast

I had thought about launching a leadership podcast for about three years before I launched mine back in 2014. As I was thinking about launching a podcast, another friend took action and launched one. And in a time where almost no one was doing weekly podcasts, he launched even launched a weekly one. Talk about ambitious.

Now to a third friend. He’s a prolific reader (40-50 books a year) and a super smart thinker and speaker. I told him he needs to write a book. He said he had thought about it.

Friend - Day - Week - Draft - Publisher

I urged him to do it and so did another friend. He just texted me the other day that this week, his first draft goes to the publisher.

What do all three leaders have in common?

THIS - Bias - Action - Everyone - Talks

THIS: a bias for action. When everyone else just talks about it, thinks about it or plans for it, they do it.

This challenges...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!