Murphy Brown Recap: Murphy Comes to Grips With Her Own #MeToo Moment

TVLine | 10/11/2018 | Dave Nemetz
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/murphy-brown-episode-3-murphy-phyllis.jpg?w=1024

Need to catch up? Check out our previous Murphy Brown recap here.

Murphy Brown tackled the #MeToo movement this week, as Murphy was rocked by a painful memory from her distant past.

Murphy - TV - Show - Harassment - Seminar

Murphy’s TV show has to complete a mandatory sexual harassment seminar, which everyone groans about — except Pat, who’s excited to participate. (“Today, I am a man!”) Murphy blows off the dire warnings from the seminar’s leader — “The show’s called Murphy in the Morning! They’re not firing me!” — until the guy reminds her about Matt Lauer… and Charlie Rose… and Bill O’Reilly. But even when Corky remembers the many, many times she was harassed, Murphy insists she was never victimized like that: “What guy would be stupid enough to try something with me?”

It turns out, though, there was a guy who was stupid enough. At home with Avery, Murphy admits she had a professor in college who took a liking to her. After she won a prestigious college journalism award, he invited her back to his place to celebrate: “I assumed there would be other people. There weren’t.” She’ll only say that “something happened,” and she’s left that memory buried deep in a mental drawer ever since. But...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?
Tagged: