Apple Watch Series 4: We put all of its fitness claims to the test

CNET | 10/11/2018 | Vanessa Hand Orellana
Click For Photo: https://cnet4.cbsistatic.com/img/0sOoAVOWTSaybOSBJ0NHXjcGv24=/724x407/2018/09/19/34f476e7-686a-473b-9ac6-0f909c8f8cef/11-apple-watch-series-4-larger-44mm.jpg

The Apple Watch Series 4 keeps tabs on how your heart's doing.

If you're in the market for an Apple Watch Series 4, chances are you've already heard about its new EKG feature and fall detection, but hopefully you won't have to use those two features on a daily basis. What you may get more use out of regularly are its fitness features.

Apple - Watch - Series - Series - Weeks

After testing out the Apple Watch Series 4 alongside the Series 3 for about three weeks now, I've noticed two major advantages over its predecessors when it comes to working out: screen size and battery life.

The first thing I noticed when I took the Apple Watch Series 4 for a run was how much easier it was to read the numbers. It's one of those things you never notice until it's improved upon, and all of a sudden I found it easier to track my heart rate and check my pace and distance, without having to squint at the screen and risk a stumble.

Series - Redesign - Apple - Watch - Models

The Series 4 has undergone a complete redesign from the previous Apple Watch models. The screen has increased from 38mm to 40mm (for the smaller version) and 42mm to 44mm (for the larger). Plus the bezels are slimmer, so you're getting a lot more usable screen space on your wrist despite the body of the watch not being that much bigger. This means all your data (including activity stats) appears bigger and bolder on the Series 4, which makes a difference when you're in motion.

The Apple Watch Series 4 also has a slightly slimmer body than its predecessor, and I found the little sensor belly on the underside feels more comfortable when it's strapped on tight around my wrist.

Apple - Watch - Series - Pulls - Battery

But where the Apple Watch Series 4 really pulls ahead is in battery life. Apple claims it can...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!