Love Island's Megan Barton-Hanson admits she neared suicide amid depression battle

Mail Online | 10/11/2018 | Ciara Farmer For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/11/09/4946254-0-image-a-44_1539247567147.jpg

Love Island star Megan Barton-Hanson shared a candid post about the depths of her depression battle to honour World Mental Health Day on Wednesday.

Sharing the post with her 1.8million Instagram followers, the 24-year-old former exotic dancer detailed her heartbreaking struggles, which included a bout of suicidal thoughts, spending money to try and escape and various therapy sessions.

Media - Activity - Megan - Thousands - Likes

As with all her social media activity, Megan garnered thousands of likes and comments however fans will undoubtedly be shocked to see A-list star Amy Schumer throwing her support behind the star.

Megan was a late entrant into the show and while she grew intimate with Eyal Booker and shared a kiss with Alex George, she soon turned her attentions to Wes - despite the fact he was paired with Laura Anderson, however his head was soon turned.

Villa - Scrutiny - Past - Dancer - Model

While she found love in the villa, she was subject to much scrutiny on the outside as her past as an exotic dancer and glamour model became known.

Despite this, she left the show in third place and has won fans all over - particularly after her appearance on Good Morning Britain in which she lobbied for society to stop judging women on their sexual past.

Inspiration - Fans - Battle - Illness - Message

She has now given further inspiration to her fans as she revealed her battle with mental illness before sharing an encouraging message with her fans.

Among her legions of fans was Amy, who liked the picture and added a caption stating: 'Thank you Megan!' with a strong arm Emoji.

Megan - 'Today - World - Mental - Health

Megan wrote: 'Today is world Mental health Day. I’ve put writing this off all day as depression and anxiety are still pretty raw for me and part of who I am...

'Mental health issues are more common than ever especially with the increased use of social media and the resulting feelings of inadequacy...

'It - Funny

'It’s funny...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.