Google’s Apigee officially launches its API monitoring service

TechCrunch | 10/11/2018 | Staff
Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://techcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/no-image-1600x520-.png?w=764

It’s been about two years since Google acquired API management service Apigee. Today, the company is announcing new extensions that make it easier to integrate the service with a number of Google Cloud services, as well as the general availability of the company’s API monitoring solution.

Apigee API monitoring allows operations teams to get more insight into how their APIs are performing. The idea here is to make it easy for these teams to figure out when there’s an issue and what’s the root cause for it by giving them very granular data. “APIs are now part of how a lot of companies are doing business,” Ed Anuff, Apigee’s former SVP of product strategy and now Google’s product and strategy lead for the service, told me. “So that tees up the need for API monitoring.”

Anuff - Days - Enterprise - API - Adoption

Anuff also told me that he believes that it’s still early days for enterprise API adoption — but that also means that Apigee is currently growing fast as enterprise developers now start adopting modern development techniques. “I think we’re actually still pretty early in enterprise adoption of APIs,” he said. “So what we’re seeing is a lot...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TechCrunch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!