‘In the Heights’ Movie Will Star ‘Hamilton’ Actor Anthony Ramos

/Film | 10/10/2018 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/in-the-heights-movie-cast.jpg

Anthony Ramos, who has appeared in Hamilton, can currently be seen in A Star is Born, and who has appeared in productions of the In the Heights stage production, is in talks to star in the In the Heights movie. The film is an adaptation of Lin-Manuel Miranda‘s pre-Hamilton musical set over the course of three hot summer days in the neighborhood of Washington Heights.

Variety has the news about Ramos joining the In the Heights movie cast. If all goes according to plan, Ramos will play Usnavi de la Vega, a part originated by writer Lin-Manuel Miranda. Usnavi owns a small bodega in Washington Heights and dreams of moving to the Dominican Republic. He also pines for a woman named Vanessa, who also lives in the neighborhood.

Ramos - Part - Usnavi - Stage - Kennedy

Ramos played the part of Usnavi on stage before at the Kennedy Center, alongside Vanessa Hudgens in the part of Vanessa. Ramos also performed in the original Broadway run of Miranda’s smash hit Hamilton. You can watch Ramos and company performing the musical below.

Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu is helming the movie adaptation, with Miranda serving as producer. In describing the film adaptation, Chu said:

Right - Thing - Vibe - Truths - Sort

“I sometimes think of Do the Right Thing, which is not a musical, but has a really cool vibe to it, and it speaks some truths, but is sort of in this visual world that I love and has some pop to it. I think of Annie Hall. The playfulness of Annie Hall where it’s not this typical love story but it has the freedom do...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!