Peggy McCay dies at age 90: TV actress starred on Days Of Lives soap opera for 34 years

Mail Online | 11/3/1927 | Sarah Sotoodeh For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/10/17/4928248-0-image-a-42_1539190391305.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/10/10/7976947766145953963/1024x576_MP4_7976947766145953963.mp4

Peggy McCay has died at the age of 90.

The actress starred as matriarch Caroline Brady in the soap opera Days Of Our Lives from February 1983 until 2017.

Peggy - Causes - Home - Sunday - TV

Peggy passed away from natural causes at her home on Sunday, according to TV Line.

Her Days Of Our Lives co-star Diedre Hall confirmed her passing on her Facebook page: 'She was a friend, an activist and a real scrapper!'

Diedre - Meeting - Bedside - Dear - Friend

Diedre continued: 'I remember meeting her at the bedside of a dear, very ill friend. I back her up as she ferociously took on doctors and nurses to make sure he had the very best care.'

Adding: 'Passionate and tireless. And how she loved being Caroline!'

Peggy - November - New - York - City

Peggy was born on November 3, 1927 in New York City; her birth name was Margaret Ann McCay.

She was the only child of Catherine and Michael McCay; her father owned a construction company that she and her mother took over after he died suddenly.

Peggy - Barnard - College - Saint - Walburga

Peggy graduated from Barnard College in 1949 after attending Saint Walburga's Convent School.

After Barnard, she joined the theater company Impresaria Margo Jones and also studied with Lee Strasberg in New York City; she helped set up the acting coach's West Coast acting studio.

Decades - Career - Star - Years - Role

Her decades long career began in 1949 when the star was only 22 years old with a role in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Democrate or Republican, the difference is less than the thickness of a cigarette paper, or a slice of pastrami at a delicatesean.