MSNBC Guest Frets Over '1000-Year Reich' After Kavanaugh Confirmation

NewsBusters | 10/9/2018 | Staff
jacensolo775 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/msnbc_live_with_yasmin_vossoughian_-_04_08_41_pm.jpg

During Sunday’s edition of MSNBC Live With Yasmin Vossoughian, the panel had few kind words about Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court. Guest Danielle Moodie-Mills remarked on guest host Richard Lui’s comment that President Trump had a very good week, saying “it’s just funny to me that a good week for Donald Trump is a horrible week for our democracy and the American public.”

Mills added that “if this President is proud of a stolen seat and proud of now two sexual predators being on the Supreme Court, that is not a legacy that I would want” before expressing her desire for a “blue tsunami.”

Zerlina - Maxwell - Agenda - Trump - Administration

After panelist Zerlina Maxwell complained about the “anti-woman” agenda of the Trump administration, panelist Elie Mystal took the rhetoric a step further, effectively comparing President Trump to the devil: “The thing about making a deal with the devil is that the devil backs up his bargain...The devil does not welch.”

After issuing a call to action for Democratic voters, Mystal wondered if “this reign that they now have control over all three branches of government, we’re going to see if this reign lasts for 30 days or two years or a thousand-year reich.”

Discussion - Moodie-Mills - Lui - Premise - Issue

The discussion concluded with Moodie-Mills rejecting Lui’s premise that the issue of the Supreme Court “doesn’t have the same resonance” with Democrats as it does for Republicans in terms of energizing their respective bases. According to Moodie-Mills, “I’m not 100 percent sure about that because I will tell you right now what is driving women, what is driving the outrage that Zerlina is talking about, is Roe v. Wade.” She went on to express concern that “if I come forward as a sexual assault survivor, and my case and I hold my…I want to hold my person accountable and that case gets to the Supreme...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!