‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’: Glenn Howerton Reveals the ‘Offensive’ Episode He ‘Regrets’

IndieWire | 10/5/2018 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/IASIP_1301_0057r.jpg

After 13 seasons working on a show that makes a mockery of cancer scares, child molestation, dumpster babies, and cannibalism, series developer and actor Glenn Howerton has only one regret: The title of a single episode. Specifically, a musical episode during the show’s third season that has aged into one of the cult comedy’s most beloved. It’s called “Sweet Dee’s Dating a Retarded Person,” and revolves around Dee (Kaitlin Olson) dating an amateur rapper whom Dennis (Howerton) thinks has an intellectual disability.

“One of the few regrets I have. I would change that title now,” Howerton told GQ during a recent interview. “I do find that title offensive, personally. At the time I don’t even know what I was thinking.”

Title - Episode - Dayman - Nightman

Despite the cringe-worthy title, the episode did birth the Dayman and the Nightman, two...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!