Woman recounts the times she WASN'T sexually assaulted in powerful point about consent

Mail Online | 7/4/2015 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
pixielilia (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/04/20/4773802-0-image-a-74_1538682482858.jpg

A woman has publicly recounted several instances during which she wasn't sexually assaulted to make a powerful point about consent, and show that the only unifying factor in rape cases is whether or not a man 'feels it is OK to assault'.

New York-based writer Maura Quint took to Twitter last week to share three different times in her life when the idea of consent had come into play; in each occurrence, a man recognized that she wasn't giving him consent and left her alone rather than coercing her into an act she didn't want to go through.

Testimony - Behavior - Outfit - Amount - Alcohol

She shared her testimony to show that neither her behavior, her outfit, nor the amount of alcohol she had consumed determined whether or not she got assaulted, but that it was all down to whether or not she was in the presence of a rapist.

First, Maura recounted how in high school, feeling 'insecure', she put on 'a tight top too low cut' and 'dark lipstick' that wasn't part of her usual look.

Party - Drank - Wine - Coolers - Man

'I went to a party drank terrible wine coolers, too many of them. A man asked me if I wanted to leave, I slurred, said maybe,' she wrote.

'He said: "Maybe?" And then he said "Maybe isn't yes" and I went home that night, un-assaulted, because I hadn't talked to a rapist at that party.'

Instance - Years - Maura - Bar - Friends

The second instance occurred a few years later when Maura was at a bar with friends.

'I was flirting with a guy there,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet