Gisele Bündchen opens up about her struggle with panic attacks on GMA

Mail Online | 7/4/2015 | Clemence Michallon For Dailymail.com
donuzumaki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/02/14/4700546-0-image-a-30_1538487443449.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/08/8510773175535880381/1024x576_MP4_8510773175535880381.mp4

Gisele Bündchen opened up about her past struggle with debilitating panic attacks in an honest interview on Tuesday morning.

The model, 38, sat down with Robin Roberts, 57, to talk about her history of anxiety attacks on the day of the release of her new memoir, Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life.

Good - Morning - America - Anchor - Bottom

She told the Good Morning America anchor she hit 'rock bottom' when she started wrestling with panic attacks in her twenties, and how she experienced her first episode while flying on a six-seater plane and getting caught in some turbulence.

'That was definitely rock bottom for me,' Gisele said of the period of her life that was impacted by the anxiety attacks.

'It - Plane - Costa - Rica - Plane

'It started all in a little plane. I was in Costa Rica and I was flying a six-seater plane and the plane started shaking like a little leaf. I was, like, completely a sense of powerless, you know?

'I'm the kind of person who likes to have things under control. That was definitely an out-of-control moment and it kind of started this kind of fear of being in small spaces.'

Gisele - Anxiety - Impact - Life

Gisele's anxiety grew from there until it started having an impact on her daily life.

'So it started with a little plane ride but then it became tunnels, subways, elevators,' the model added during the interview, which took place at her home in Brookline, Massachusetts.

Floor - Apartment - Floors - Stairs - World

'I lived on the ninth floor in an apartment and I would go up nine floors of stairs because I was scared that I would suffocate. It was crazy. My world just kept getting smaller and smaller.'

Gisele previously told People the anxiety attacks eventually got so debilitating she contemplated suicide.

Feeling - Balcony

'I actually had the feeling of, "If I just jump off my balcony, this is going to end, and I never have to worry about...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
No matter where you go, there you are.