Bret Easton Ellis Sounds Off on Corporate Culture: ‘Authoritarian Morality Silencing Voices’

Breitbart | 10/2/2018 | Staff
brunodeuce44 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/10/Breteastonellis1.jpg

Author and screenwriter Bret Easton Ellis warned of political censorship from “corporate culture” during a recent interview with actor James Van Der Beek.

Ellis described a culture of political censorship across corporations while reflecting on ABC’s cancellation of Roseanne:

ELLIS - Thesis - Book - Culture - Silencing

ELLIS: The thesis of [my forthcoming non-fiction] book is really about how corporate culture has aided in the silencing of individuals and the silencing of voices, and there is a kind of strict authoritarian morality that is silencing these voices.

VAN DER BEEK: For sure.

ELLIS - Notion - Progressive - Notion - Progressive

ELLIS: If you think that’s progressive, your notion of progressive isn’t my notion of progressive.

VAN DER BEEK: Yeah, it’s terrifying.

ELLIS - Cancellation - Roseanne - Fact - Tweet

ELLIS: I got very depressed by the cancellation of Roseanne and the fact that it was cancelled over a tweet about Valerie Jarrett, who is an African-American woman who was a senior adviser to Obama. … Another dumb tweet from Roseanne, and yet this one gets her show cancelled. I don’t know if it would have four or five years ago, but certainly now, with everything so [sensitive] about race, Roseanne’s crudeness and sometimes obscene humor was always part of the package.

I thought after hearing Valerie Jarrett take the tweet in stride and kind of shrugging it off to a degree, she said that this moment was a teachable moment, and yet it really wasn’t teachable, at all. In fact, there was nothing teachable about anything. The corporation shut down the teaching moment by drastic measures.

Expression - Humor - People - Animals - Bill

[This is about] comedic free expression and the humor in comparing people to animals, such as Bill Maher comparing Trump to an orangutan all the time, instead of victimizing Valerie Jarrett, who is certainly no one’s victim; instead of ruining everything over this bizarre tweet.

WATCH:

Ellis - Censorship - Communism - Commentary - Acquaintance

Ellis described contemporary corporate political censorship to communism, recalling commentary offered to him by an acquaintance of his.

“I was talking to a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.