Bredesen Brags of ‘Zero Tolerance’ Harassment Policy as Tennessee Governor

Washington Free Beacon | 10/2/2018 | Brent Scher
Claw987Claw987 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Phil-Bredesen.jpg

BY: Brent Scher

Tennessee Democrat Phil Bredesen told voters during a Monday night event that he had a "zero tolerance policy" for workplace harassment as the state's governor, but all reporting indicates that this was not the case.

Bredesen - Tennessee - Governor - US - Senate

Bredesen, who was Tennessee's governor from 2003 to 2011 and is now running for U.S. Senate, defended himself from criticism from Republican opponent Marsha Blackburn for his handling of harassment claims as governor.

"Both as mayor and governor, I had a zero tolerance policy with any kind of harassment of women," Bredesen said. "Whenever this has happened in my purview it's been something I've come down on very, very hard."

Bredesen - Claim - Event - Flies - Face

Bredesen's claim during the event flies in the face of reported facts during his tenure as governor, when reporters caught his administration covering up details of sexual harassment allegations and helping the accused land jobs elsewhere.

Most egregious in the findings was the Bredesen administration's practice of shredding documentation of the accusations, which was found by both The Tennessean and the Associated Press to be done only when the accused were high-profile members of the administration.

Case - Mack - Cooper - Bredesen - Lobbyist

The most public case came with Mack Cooper, who was Bredesen's top lobbyist in the governor's office before he was fired for violating the state's workplace harassment policy. All the details of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!