Philadelphia mom killed in quadruple shooting while shielding daughter with her body

Mail Online | 10/2/2018 | Dailymail.com Reporter
penaert (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/10/02/14/4700930-0-image-a-18_1538488569736.jpg

A mother from Philadelphia was killed in a quadruple shooting in West Philadelphia as she shielded her baby girl from the flying bullets.

Dawn Boyd, 22, was outside a friend's house along with three others when a car pulled up in front of the house and a gunman opened fire.

Boyd - Daughter - Gunfire

Boyd quickly grabbed her 11-month-old daughter and shielded her from the gunfire.

She was shot Boyd was shot more than a dozen times including multiple times in both legs, her left arm and chest.

Boyd - Hospital - Condition - Injuries - Sunday

Boyd was also taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition but she died later from her injuries on Sunday.

Other members of the group were also caught in the hail of bullets with the 35-year-old man shot in the left arm, while the 21-year-old woman was shot in the upper right leg, while a 24-year-old man who was outside along with the group, was shot in the chest and died shortly afterwards.

Philadelphia - Police - Lt - John - Walker

Philadelphia Police Lt. John Walker say the bullets came from two separate guns.

Incredibly, neither Boyd's daughter or the other child who was present were injured in the shooting and relatives say that is all down to Boyd.

Babies - Friend - House - Time - Daughter

'She grabbed the two babies, her friend ran into the house and by the time she turned around my daughter was crawling, saying she couldn't breathe,' Boyd's mother, Michelle McDonnell, told NBC10.

'My granddaughter, thank God she's still here,' Boyd's father, Stephen, said. 'As my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!