COURT APPROVES U.S. CATHOLIC CHURCH’S PROPOSED SECOND LARGEST PAYOUT TO SEX ABUSE VICTIMS

dailycaller.com | 9/28/2018 | Staff
vpp1219 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Catholic_Priest_Mass-e1538082615744.jpg

The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, which filed for bankruptcy in 2015 amid a flood of sexual abuse allegations, will pay $210 million to abuse victims.

The settlement is the U.S. Catholic church’s second largest payout to victims of sexual abuse.

Archbishop - Bernard - A - Hebda - Hearing

“I need to say once again that I am truly sorry,” Archbishop Bernard A. Hebda said during the hearing, according to Crux Now. “I know those words — as well as my promise of prayers — may ring hollow for many and will never be enough. Still, I am so sorry for the horrific things done to you by people you should have been able to trust.”

“As a bishop, as a priest, as a Catholic and as a human being, my heart aches when I think about the resulting harm to you, your families and so many others,” he added.

Hebda - Victims - Hearing - Persistence - Courage

Hebda also lauded the victims who attended the hearing, saying their “persistence and courage have made a huge difference.” He also thanked them...
(Excerpt) Read more at: dailycaller.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't believe everything you think...