Judi Dench 'Can't Approve' of Actors Like Kevin Spacey Being 'Cut' from Films Over Bad Behavior

PEOPLE.com | 9/25/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/rexfeatures_7528231ce.jpg?crop=0px,98px,1800px,946px&resize=1200,630

Judi Dench has a different idea for how actors involved in sexual misconduct should be punished.

At Spain’s San Sebastien International Film Festival on Tuesday, the actress, 83, spoke about her friendship with Kevin Spacey, according to Variety, recalling that Spacey supported her on the set of 2001’s The Shipping News after her husband had died.

Kevin - Comfort - Way

“Kevin was an inestimable comfort and never mentioned he knew I was in a bad way,” she said.

When asked about the sexual misconduct accusations against Spacey and him being subsequently replaced by Christopher Plummer in All the Money in the World, the Dame responded, “I can’t approve, in any way, of the fact that — whatever he has done — that you then start to cut him out of the films.”

Dench - History - Anyone - Way - Law

Dench continued: “Are we to go back throughout history and anyone who has misbehaved in any way, or who has broken the law, or who has committed some kind of offense, are they always going to be cut out? Are we going to extrude them from our history?”

The Oscar winner added, “I don’t know about the conditions of it, but nevertheless he is, and was, a most wonderful actor… And a good friend,” before concluding, “I can’t imagine what he’s doing now.”

Issue

Despite taking issue...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.