Retailer Yandy comes under fire for selling 'racist and disgusting' 'Native American' costumes

Mail Online | 9/25/2018 | Clemence Michallon;Minyvonne Burke For Dailymail.com
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/25/16/50A7021400000578-0-image-a-33_1537890320274.jpg

An online retailer has come under fire for selling seductive Native-American-inspired costumes — just days after being slammed for offering a sexy outfit inspired by The Handmaid's Tale.

One of the outfits, labeled 'Native American seductress', includes a mini dress and matching boots with fringe and retails for $64.95. A similar design, labeled 'Native American sweetheart', consists of a midriff-bearing crop top and mini skirt and is for sale at $79.95.

Twitter - Users - Platform - Yandy - 'racist

Twitter users took to the platform to bash Yandy for the 'racist and disgusting' costumes and ask the retailer to remove them from its shop like it previously did with its Handmaid's-Tale-inspired costume.

'I will say it, in all my lush, creamy whiteness: @Yandy, you should take down your disgusting "Indian" and "Mexican" costumes,' writer Talia Lavin tweeted. 'They're racist and disgusting. Don't respect a fictional dystopia more than real people of color; you're gross.'

Tweet - Handmaid - Tale - Costume - Kind

She added in another tweet: 'Your Handmaid's Tale costume was misguided but kind of funny honestly. This Native American section erases genocide and rape and theft and turns it into... some sort of panty party?? DISGUSTING. @Yandy you're filth if you don't fix this.'

'@Yandy please stop selling faux Native American costumes, it is wrong!' another person tweeted.

Twitter - User - Retailer - 'Good - Morning

One Twitter user addressed the retailer as such: 'Good morning @Yandy! Have you considered removing your "sexy Native American / Indian" costumes yet? Reminder: costumes like these lead to the objectification of and assault of First Nations women. I'm sure you have heard of the #CancelYandy movement? Time to reconsider.'

#CancelYandy is a hashtag created and used by several Twitter users as part of the push for Yandy to remove the costumes from its platform.

People - Retailer - Costumes - Mexican - Day

Some people also called out the retailer for selling 'gypsy'-inspired costumes and by the Mexican Day of the Dead holiday.

'@Yandy take down the racist native american and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!