Owner claims French bulldog puppy was down after using Wilko flea treatment 

Mail Online | 9/24/2018 | Amie Gordon For Mailonline
DanRules394 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/24/10/4509694-0-image-a-35_1537780421078.jpg

A heartbroken owner claims his French bulldog puppy died after suffering a severe allergic reaction to a Wilko flea treatment.

James Whitley applied the high street store's £2 Dog Spot-On flea repellent, manufactured by Bob Martin (UK) Ltd, to his pet dogs Ronnie and 19-month-old Reggie.

Moments - Reggie - Mouth - Efforts - Vets

But moments later Reggie began 'frothing at the mouth' and despite the desperate efforts of vets, died less than 24 hours later.

Mr Whitley, from Bletchley in Milton Keynes, claims he used the treatment on his dogs before and neither showed any signs of an allergy or reaction.

Warning - Media - Shares

He has since shared a warning on social media which has amassed more than 35,000 shares.

The 69-year-old said: 'Reggie showed symptoms within minutes of the product being applied. He started frothing at the mouth and shaking and refused to go out for a walk.

Hour - Product - Vets - Minutes - Hospital

'Within half an hour [of applying the product] we'd taken him to the vets and 10 minutes later he was in hospital.'

Reggie died in hospital the following day and vets sent a sample of the treatment away for testing.

Mr - Whitley - 'We - Straight

Mr Whitley added: 'We realised straight...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!