‘Joker’ Video Reveals Joaquin Phoenix in Full Clown Make-Up

/Film | 9/21/2018 | Chris Evangelista
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/joker-video.jpg

View this post on Instagram

Camera test (w/ sound). Joker.

A post shared by Todd Phillips (@toddphillips1) on

Todd Phillips just gave us our first look at Joaquin Phoenix in Joker make-up. Maybe. The teaser video definitely shows Phoenix made-up to look like a clown, but is this his final Clown Prince of Crime look, or just a taste of things to come? Watch the Joker video below.

Camera test (w/ sound). Joker.

I'm…kind - Joker - Movie - Look - Todd

And just like that, I’m…kind of sold on the Joker movie? Look, even though Todd Phillips has assembled an incredible cast for this thing – Joaquin Phoneix, Frances Conroy, Zazie Beetz, Marc Maron, Robert De Niro, Shea Whigham, Bill Camp and more – the idea of a standalone Joker movie always struck me as a dumb idea.

But there’s something about this teaser that intrigues me. This clearly isn’t an actual scene in the film – it’s just meant to be a tease. But the way the camera zooms in on Phoenix’s face as “Laughing” by The Guess Who plays, and the dead-eyed look Phoenix gives even while grinning, is effective. I also like how different the make-up here looks. I doubt this is the final Joker look for the film – this is likely from earlier in the story, before he evolves into the full-blown Joker. But the fact that Phillips isn’t going for a traditional Joker look here, nor trying to recreate Heath Ledger’s now-iconic visage, is a bold move.

Idea

I still have no idea...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!