Twitter Approves Ads in Favor of Female Genital Mutilation After Blacklisting Pro-Lifers

Breitbart | 9/9/2018 | Staff
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/02/wi/afp/07/1al3il_uganda-outlawed-ritual-female-genital-mutilation-fgm-in-2010-but-it-continues-e1532092810927.jpg

Twitter promoted a post advocating for female genital mutilation (FGM) this week, after building a history of blacklisting promoted ads from pro-lifers, before claiming it was an “error.”

The tweet, which was made by Dawoodi Bohra Women for Religious Freedom (DBWRF), attempted to make FGM, named “khafz” by the group, look like a normal and safe practice.

Daughters - Khafz - Children - Age - Post

“My daughters have also undergone khafz, and they’re growing up as perfectly as other children of their age,” declared the post, which included video testimony of the mother. “As a mother, I can never do anything to harm them.”

Despite complaints about the post, Twitter allowed the group to “promote” the post — a paid advertisement — which enhances the reach of the post and placed it on the timelines of users who do not follow the account or seek the content out themselves.

Statement - Twitter - Spokesman - Post - Error

In a statement, a Twitter spokesman claimed the promoted post “was approved in error and the decision was immediately overturned by our teams.”

Though Twitter ended the promotion, the post in its non-promoted state remains on the platform, and the group’s Twitter account features dozens of other videos which also advocate for FGM. a number of posts include video testimonies from women, some of which live in Western countries like the United Kingdom, who have undergone the procedure — defending it as “religious freedom.”

Man - Woman - Rest - Answer - NO

“Does a circumcised man or woman look stranger than the rest? We all know the answer is NO. I don’t understand what the fuss is all about,” declared one woman with a child’s stroller, who was identified as journalist Ruqaiyah Esmail...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...