Trump Signs Spending Bill to Renovate US Military Bases

CNS News | 9/21/2018 | Staff
PumpkinajnPumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/trump_veterans.png

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump signed into law Friday an appropriations bill that will pay for renovations to U.S. military bases and give veterans the flexibility to see a private doctor when faced with long lines at the VA, thereby delivering on his campaign promise.

“Today, I'm honored to be at the North Las Vegas VA Medical Center to sign into law a historic government funding bill that will renovate our nation’s military bases and provide great world-class care to our great veterans,” the president said.

Funding - Bill - VA - Budget - Resources

“With this funding bill, we've increased the VA’s budget to the largest ever. We are delivering the resources needed to fully implement crucial VA reforms that, as you know, we've gotten,” Trump said, referring to the Energy and Water, Legislative Branch, and Military Construction and Veterans Affairs Appropriation Act of 2019 (H.R. 5895).

“Today, for the first time in American history, I am about to sign a bill that will fully and permanently give our great and cherished veterans choice, so you don't have to wait on line for 18 days to take care of a simple -- I mean, we had people waiting on line with a simple problem that, by the time they saw the doctor, they were terminally ill. No more of that,” he said.

Line - Doctor - Care - Care - President

“If you have a line, you go see a doctor. You get yourself taken care of. We take care of it,” the president said.

Trump said such a bill should have been easy for Congress to pass, but “there's a reason it took so many years. It wasn't easy. You have different groups...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!