Evangelicals 'Strongly Behind' Brett Kavanaugh, Tony Perkins Says at Values Voters Summit

www.christianpost.com | 9/21/2018 | Staff
xhelloworld (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/132976/tony-perkins.jpg

(Photo: The Christian Post)Family Research Council President Tony Perkins speaks during the annual Values Voters Summit at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 21, 2018.

WASHINGTON — Conservative evangelical leader Tony Perkins said Friday that evangelicals are "strongly behind" Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh despite the sexual misconduct claim that was recently leveled against him from 36 years ago.

Reporters - Family - Research - Council - Values

Speaking to reporters at the Family Research Council's annual Values Voters Summit, the FRC president stressed that the claims made by California professor Christine Blasey Ford against the supreme court nominee is having little effect on many conservative evangelicals.

Perkins fielded several questions from a diverse group of reporters related to Kavanaugh, with one asking whether there were other potential Supreme Court nominees on President Donald Trump's short list that evangelicals preferred and whether evangelicals' opinions of Kavanaugh have changed in the last week.

Candidates - List - Evangelicals - Seventh - Circuit

"I think many of [the candidates] on the list that were vetted were acceptable. I think [evangelicals] liked [Seventh Circuit Judge] Amy Coney Barrett just because she was one attacked for her faith. In this era of people attacked for their faith, they kind of stick together," Perkins said. "I think there was kind of a drawing for her but I think they are strongly behind Judge Kavanaugh. Again, I think these attacks [from the political left] actually help solidify that support."

FREE SIGN UP CP NEWSLETTER!

Ford - Kavanaugh - Party - Maryland - Teenagers

As has been widely reported, Ford accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when they were at a party in Maryland as teenagers in high school. Although the allegation was made known to Democrat Sen. Dianne Feinstein, ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, over six weeks ago, it was only made public Sunday as the Senate was preparing for a confirmation vote.

"What has made this very suspect is the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8