Kavanaugh on Monday Hearing: ‘I Will Be There’

Breitbart | 9/20/2018 | Staff
cindy95240 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2018/09/wi/ap/17/f0c44c_supreme-court-kavanaugh-60844-brett-kavanaugh-in-sept-2018-file-photo-president-e1537495905152.jpg

Judge Brett Kavanaugh sent Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) a letter Thursday emphatically stating his willingness to address his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford’s, claims as soon as possible after she refused to appear at Monday’s scheduled hearing on the matter.

The letter comes hours after Ford, who accuses Kavanaugh of drunkenly groping, restraining, and attempting to undress her at a high school party more than 35 years ago, communicated through her lawyers that she was not willing to appear at the open hearing under oath Monday.

Ford - Lawyers - Monday - Grassley - Opportunity

Ford’s lawyers made clear she was “willing to testify” but that it was “not possible” for her to do so Monday. Grassley previously offered the opportunity for Ford to address the committee behind closed doors at a bi-partisan conference and other Republican committee members reiterated Wednesday that Ford is still welcome to testify privately.

By contrast, Kavanaugh expressed eagerness to defend himself further after having already done so to Judiciary Committee staff behind closed doors and stated he was willing to conduct the additional hearing as early as this past Tuesday. “I also appreciate the time that Committee staff took to interview me on Monday, September 17. During that interview, I twice requested a Committee hearing for the following day, Tuesday, September 18,” Kavanaugh goes on. “I continue to want a hearing as soon as possible, so that I can clear my...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!