Chris Pratt Denies Hollywood Is 'Anti-Christian or Anti-Religious': 'It's Just Not the Case'

PEOPLE.com | 9/20/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/t24qr3wefq.jpg

Chris Pratt is a proud actor and a proud Christian — and says Hollywood has never tried to stop him from being both.

The Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom actor, 39, opened up his faith, and whether he felt accepted in Hollywood because of it, in a new interview with the Associated Press.

Pratt - Belief - God - Awards - Shows

Pratt, who openly expresses his belief in God at awards shows and movie premieres, said he feels “called” to talk about it.

“That kind of message, it might not be for everybody,” he said. “But there is a group of people for whom that message is designed. And nothing fills my soul more than to think that maybe some kid watching that would say, ‘Hey, I’ve been thinking about praying. Let me try that out.’ “

Way - Gift - Life

“That’s the only way I feel like I can repay what has essentially been a giant gift in my life,” he added.

The Avengers: Infinity War actor also denied feeling as though expressing his faith was a “risk” in Hollywood.

Hollywood - Case - Pratt - Kind - Kind

“I think that there’s this narrative that exists out there that Hollywood is anti-Christian or anti-religious, but it’s just not the case,” Pratt said. “They are kind of not anti-anything. They are kind of pro whatever is authentic to you. And I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!