Auxiliary bishop voluntarily withdraws from public ministry ‘for what I failed to do’

The Deacon's Bench | 9/20/2018 | Staff
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2018/09/morneau_withdrawl.jpg

Details:

The Catholic Diocese of Green Bay has approved a request by retired auxiliary Bishop Robert Morneau for a withdrawal from public ministry for failing to report to civil authorities an incident of sexual abuse of a minor by a priest in 1979.

Details - Incident - Diocese - Response - Edition

The details of the incident and diocese’s response are published in the newest edition of The Compass, the official diocesan newspaper.

Bishop David Ricken is expected to address the issue at a media event Friday morning. He recently released a multi-point plan for how the church will respond to the latest developments in the sexual abuse crisis.

Compass - Copy - Morneau - Sept - Letter

The Compass published a copy of Morneau’s Sept. 14 letter to Ricken.

I write to you today with a heavy heart and great sorrow. In light of the recent public revelations of past abuse in the church and the call for more accountability on the part of bishops, I feel that my own actions are no less subject to scrutiny than those of other bishops. I failed to report to local authorities an incident of abuse of a minor by a priest in 1979...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Deacon's Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur
Tagged: