Jane Fonda found out about her mother's suicide in from a MAGAZINE

Mail Online | 9/20/2018 | Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/20/15/507320C200000578-0-image-a-52_1537454605833.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/05/24/3302035664968136689/1024x576_MP4_3302035664968136689.mp4

Jane Fonda found out her mother died from suicide from a movie magazine.

The Monster-In-Law star thought her mum Frances Ford Seymour had passed away from a heart attack when she was 12 years old as that's what her father Henry Fonda had told her at the time.

Memoir - My - Life - So - Far

But it wasn't until she decided to write her memoir My Life So Far in 2005 that she found out that she'd actually taken her own life in a mental institution as a result of her battle with bipolar disorder.

Speaking to People.com, the 80-year-old actress - who was able to access Frances' medical records after her death - said: 'When I wrote my memoir, I dedicated it to my mother because I knew that if I did...I would be forced to really try to figure her out. I never knew her because she suffered from bipolarity.

'When - Kind - Research - Answers - Nothing

'When you go through that kind of research...if you can come to answers, which I was able to do, you end up being able to say, "It had nothing to do with me," the Nine To Five star added.

'It wasn't that I wasn't lovable. They had issues. And the minute you know that, you can feel tremendous empathy for them. And you can forgive.'

Mother - Behaviour - Run-up - Death - Jane

However, although she no longer blames herself for her mother's behaviour in the run-up to her death, Jane has been forever affected by the way she was treated.

She explained: 'If you have a parent who is not capable of showing up, not capable of reflecting you back through eyes of love, it has a big impact on your sense of self.

Child - Fault - Child - Adult - Adult

'As a child, you always think it was your fault...because the child can't blame the adult, because they depend on the adult for survival.

'It takes a long time to get over the guilt.'

Screen

The screen...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!