Game Of Thrones' Emilia Clarke and George R.R. Martin celebrate their shock Emmy win

Mail Online | 9/20/2018 | James Desborough For Dailymail.com
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/20/13/5071FAAA00000578-0-image-a-6_1537447786684.jpg

The Game of Thrones stars and creators could not hold back their excitement and 'shock' at taking home the most coveted Emmy as they celebrated their win at the HBO after party.

Proud author and GoT creator George R.R. Martin boasted to DailyMail.com, 'you can't beat dragons,' as show runners lavished praise on the cast, who have become 'family'.

Series - Award - Drama - Monday - Night

Although many believed the fantasy series would be overlooked, it picked up the award for best drama on Monday night, beating out stiff competition from The Crown, Westworld and last year's winner The Handmaid's Tale.

Martin, along with leading actress Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys Targaryen, and showrunners D.B Weiss and David Benioff, all expressed their shock at winning.

Clarke - 'We - Auditorium

Clarke said: 'We were very surprised. It feels different, because we were very surprised and we were ready to leave the auditorium and then we won.'

She added: 'But it's wonderful. It's never not going to be wonderful.'

Martin - Prize - Time - DailyMail - Com

Martin was equally as pleased to win the prize for the third time, first in 2015 and again in 2016, telling DailyMail.com at the lavish party at the Pacific Design Center: 'I'm pretty excited. I didn't expect to win.

'All the prognosticators said other shows were going to beat us this year, so it was quite a pump to take it, you know? You can't beat dragons, hey.'

Benioff - Weiss - Home

Benioff and Weiss admitted they expected to go home empty handed.

Weiss said: 'It feels shocking, and surprising,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!