Newt Gingrich: If Republicans want to defeat Democrats in 2018, they must do this

Fox News | 9/19/2018 | Newt Gingrich
Alenaaa (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2018/09/17/0/0/694940094001_5835821297001_5835808577001-vs.jpg?ve=1

Polling shows uncommitted voters want promises for the future.

In a special election runoff, Republican Pete Flores successfully flipped Texas State Senate District 19, which borders Mexico and had been in Democratic control for 139 years. Flores, a political newcomer competing against a seasoned former Democratic congressman, won in a district that is 73 percent Hispanic and African American – despite virtually all political analysts’ expectations. I am studying this election for a future op-ed, but I have been told by many Texas Republicans that Flores was able to win because he ran a big choice campaign.

Republicans - Texas - State - Election - Midterms

Republicans everywhere should also study this Texas state special election and make the 2018 midterms a big choice election for all American voters. And with only 48 days left until November 6, they must act now.

Candidates, consultants, campaign managers – Republicans at every level – must break out of the small-ball, district-by-district campaign model and create a national message that defines a set of big choices that contrast the Republican positions and those of the left. Otherwise, the Democrats are very likely to achieve the so-called blue wave the liberal media has been touting for months.

Need - Kind - Campaign - Look - Strategy

I outlined the need for this kind of campaign (and provided an in-depth look at how to implement it) in my recently released political strategy paper called The Republican Choice for 2018: Win or Lose, which I have shared with a number of Republicans around the country and have made available for Kindle on Amazon.

Big choice elections focus on big differences and describing magnets of a better future to attract the voter, while they simultaneously hammer home wedge issues to drive the opposition away from the voter.

Paper - Parts - Concept - Republicans - Design

The paper is broken into four parts, but I’d like to focus on the first, critical concept that I think can help Republicans design...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!