Grassley demands Feinstein turn over letter from Kavanaugh accuser: 'I cannot overstate how disappointed I am'

Fox News | 9/19/2018 | Gregg Re
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2018/09/18/0/0/694940094001_5836614217001_5836611746001-vs.jpg?ve=1

Will allegation against Kavanaugh derail his nomination?

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh faces accusation of sexual misconduct when he was in high school.

Senate - Judiciary - Committee - Chairman - Chuck

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Wednesday unloaded a torrent of criticism on Sen. Dianne Feinstein for her handling of the sexual assault accusations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, telling the ranking Democrat on the committee, "I cannot overstate how disappointed I am."

Saying Feinstein "chose to sit on the allegations until a politically opportune moment," Grassley demanded she immediately turn over an unredacted copy of the letter from Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, that Feinstein received July 30.

Feinstein - D-Calif - Letter - Authorities - Senators

Feinstein, D-Calif., shared the letter with federal authorities and other senators only last week, days before a key Judiciary Committee vote on Kavanaugh's confirmation, after a leak about the letter was published in The Intercept. Republicans have accused Democrats of orchestrating that leak.

Grassley, R-Iowa, who called the document a "significant piece of evidence in Judge Kavanaugh's confirmation process," said that despite multiple requests, he still has access only to a redacted copy of the letter included in supplemental background materials provided by the FBI to a select group of senators.

Version - Document - Order - Monday - Hearings

He asserted that he needs the full version of the document in order to "prepare for Monday's hearings" into the allegations against Kavanaugh. Ford's lawyers strongly suggested in a letter late Tuesday that she won't appear at the hearing until the FBI conducts a "full investigation" into her claims.

In a follow-up letter Wednesday, the lawyers, Lisa Banks and Debra Katz, doubled down on that request, even as Republicans characterized it as a stall tactic that did not excuse Ford from providing sworn testimony before the Senate.

Dr - Ford - Days - Home - Threats

"Dr. Ford was reluctantly thrust into the public spotlight only two days ago. She is currently unable to go home, and is receiving ongoing threats...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??