Wanda Barzee's niece says she's worried about the kidnapper's mental state as she is released

Mail Online | 9/19/2018 | Karen Ruiz For Dailymail.com
MicaellaMicaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/19/15/50671C9C00000578-0-image-a-22_1537365787302.jpg

The niece of the woman who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart says she worries Wanda Barzee's release could put more children in danger, DailyMailTV can reveal.

In an exclusive interview on the eve of Barzee's Wednesday release, Tina Mace said her aunt reportedly still carries around her accomplice and husband Brian Mitchell's 'book of sermons' and is in desperate need of mental help.

'I - Book - Sermons - Writings - Case

'I don't know how true it is - but I had heard that she still carries around his book of sermons or his writings, and if that's the case, are more children in danger? That's scary. She really needs help,' she told DailyMailTV.

Barzee, 72, was released from jail on Wednesday after serving 15 years behind bars for snatching Smart as a teenager from her Salt Lake City home in 2002. Smart was kept in the woods to be raped daily until she was finally saved by strangers nearly a year later.

Years - Smart - Kidnapper - Release - Decision

Now 30 years old, Smart has publicly spoken against her kidnapper's release calling the decision 'incomprehensible'.

A Utah parole board deemed Barzee unfit for release, however she will be freed Wednesday because state law dictates inmates must be released at the end of their sentence.

Mace - Family - Barzee

Mace had revealed her family will not take Barzee in but said it is unclear where she'll live when she is freed.

'Well I think they [family] are just wondering where she's gonna go, if she's gonna get the help she needs.

'I - Probation - Help - Drugs - Probation

'I know that the probation that she's under will require her to get mental help and be on mental drugs to help her. I don't know how long... I think her probation is for five years.'

Mace added however, that the last time she saw her aunt during her court hearings, she seemed 'normal.'

'I - State

'I did hear that when she was in the state...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!