Hill.TV INTERVIEW EXCLUSIVE: Trump eviscerates Sessions: ‘I don’t have an attorney general’

TheHill | 9/18/2018 | John Solomon and Buck Sexton
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thehill.com/sites/default/files/trumpdonald_091818gn3.jpg

President Donald Trump speaks in the Oval Office during an exclusive interview with Hill.TV, September 18, 2018.

“I don’t have an Attorney General. It’s very sad,” Trump told Hill.TV in an extensive and free-wheeling interview Tuesday from the Oval Office.

President - Sessions - March2017 - Decision - Russia

The president has long excoriated Sessions for his March2017 decision to recuse himself from the Russia collusion investigation. But on Tuesday he suggested he is frustrated by Sessions' performance on far more than that.

“I’m not happy at the border, I’m not happy with numerous things, not just this,” he said.

Trump - Blind - Spot - Sessions - Nation

Trump suggested he had a personal blind spot when it came to nominating Sessions as the nation’s top law enforcement officer.

“I’m so sad over Jeff Sessions because he came to me. He was the first Senator that endorsed me. And he wanted to be Attorney General, and I didn’t see it,” he said.

Process - People - Time - Senate - Answers

“And then he went through the nominating process and he did very poorly. I mean, he was mixed up and confused, and people that worked with him for, you know, a long time in the Senate were not nice to him, but he was giving very confusing answers. Answers that should have been easily answered. And that was a rough time for him.”

Sessions recused himself under pressure from congressional Democrats, and after some Republicans said he should not take part in overseeing the Russian investigation at Justice. During his confirmation hearings, he failed to mention two meetings with Russian Ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

Recusal - Sessions - Justice - Department - Officials

In announcing his recusal, Sessions said that he had consulted with Justice Department officials over the decision, and that he had not meant to mislead members of the Senate over the meetings.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein became the lead Justice official on the Russian investigation because of the Sessions recusal. Rosenstein also appointed special counsel Robert...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TheHill
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!