New Blu-ray Releases: ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’, ‘Ocean’s 8’, ‘Gotti’, ‘Universal Monsters: Complete Collection’

/Film | 9/18/2018 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/pjimage-48.jpg

Solo: A Star Wars Story is arriving on Blu-ray, just in time for audiences to discover it’s not nearly as bad as some people claimed it was. In fact, it’s fun! And you can finally see Bradford Young’s cinematography the way it was intended to be. Solo is joined by the star-studded Ocean’s 8, the must-have Universal Monsters box set, and, uh…Gotti!

Here are the new Blu-ray releases and their special features you should check out this week and beyond.

Time - Kind - Solo - Star - Wars

I think time will be kind to Solo: A Star Wars Story. The Star Wars spin-off film underperformed at the box office, which resulted in a narrative claiming the film was a total failure. That isn’t quite true – yes, it didn’t meet expectations, but it didn’t exactly flop, either. And while I myself was a bit mixed on the film – it’s fun, but kind of pointless! – I also think it deserves better than its reputation suggests. Alden Ehrenreich is no Harrison Ford (hey, who is?), but he makes for a charmingly roguish Han. And the doomed romance between Han and Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) really works – Ehrenreich and Clarke have real chemistry together. On top of that, Solo is one of the best looking Star Wars films, thanks to Bradford Young’s cinematography. Many of Young’s visuals were ruined by poor projection in theaters, which makes the Solo Blu-ray all the more essential: you can finally, clearly see what Young was going for here. As time wears on, I think those who shrugged Solo off will come to see it as a pretty entertaining adventure. ****, it’s certainly a lot better than Rogue One.

Special Features to Note:

Featurettes - Solo - Blu-ray - Kasdan - Kasdan

Of the many featurettes included on the Solo Blu-ray, the best is “Kasdan on Kasdan”, which has father and son screenwriting team Jonathan Kasdan...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.