Could Christians Have Reversed Anti-Semitism?

www.christianpost.com | 1/27/2010 | Staff
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/42501/img.jpg

(Photo: AP Photo/Dan Balilty)A visitor looks at the display at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial in Jerusalem on the international Holocaust remembrance day Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010. The International Holocaust remembrance day marks the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp on Jan. 27, 1945.

Anti-Semitism has marched through the centuries with boots, bombs, tanks, and terror. Its resurgence is no longer at the world's doorstep; it has unashamedly penetrated organizations, institutions, governments, and yes, churches. Today "NEVER AGAIN" is "NOW AGAIN." Was there a way to circumvent persecution of Jewish communities throughout millennia? Could emphasis on a specific New Testament bible passage have derailed the heinous genocide of the Holocaust?

Verses - Anti-Semitism - Words - Jesus - Himself

What are the pivotal verses which held the potential to diffuse anti-Semitism? It's the words of Jesus Himself in John 10:17-18; the redemption story. In response to His dust-up with the Pharisees because He healed a blind man on the Sabbath, Jesus boldly declared, "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." Some Pharisees accepted His words, some denounced Him. Yes, others in ancient times played a part in Jesus' crucifixion but make no mistake: in the Garden of Gethsemane Jesus agonizingly and fully embraced God's redemptive plan to "lay down His life and take it up again." He was, after all, God in flesh. Nothing and no one could have prevented Jesus' death nor His resurrection three days later.

By blaming only the Jewish people for Jesus' crucifixion and glossing over His words in John 10:18,Christianity's divorce from its Jewish roots resulted in Christianity eventually becoming...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!