Dick Van Dyke, 92, sends fans wild as Mary Poppins Returns trailer reveals he has barely changed

Mail Online | 9/17/2018 | Jessica Green For Mailonline
gemini2323gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1/2018/09/17/19/4343860-0-image-a-6_1537207501425.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/17/710678481429708640/1024x576_MP4_710678481429708640.mp4

The second trailer for Mary Poppins Returns was released on Monday - causing a buzz of excitement.

And it was the original film's star Dick Van Dyke that captured the attention of viewers as he was seen reprising a similar role.

Son - Mr - Dawes - Character - Hit

Now playing the son of Mr. Dawes, the character he initially portrayed in the 1964 hit, the 92-year-old looks virtually the same.

The actor can be seen having the time of his life as he dances on a desk, just like he did 53 years ago.

Suit - Grey - Beard - Actor - End

Sporting a formal looking suit along with a full grey beard, the actor appears at the end of the new trailer, dancing in front of Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins and Lin-Manuel Miranda as the lamplighter Jack.

Viewers were left in tears after seeing Dick Van Dyke's return, with one writing: 'Dick Van Dyke is now fully Mr Dawes, I’m crying!’

Twitter - User - 'So - Dick - Van

Another Twitter user wrote: 'So happy to see Dick Van Dyke is back again and playing the same character in the first Mary Poppins movie!'

Adding: 'He is back dancing on a desk even when he’s 92-years-old!'

Media - User - Wee - Tear - Eye

While one social media user said: 'Brought a wee tear to my eye when I found out Dick Van Dyke was in the new Mary Poppins!'

As Mr Dawes died from laughter in the original, Dick Van Dyke plays the character's son Mr Dawes Jr in this follow-up to the first film which will be released on December 19.

Trailer - Michael - Jane - Ben - Whishaw

The newly released trailer begins with a grown-up Michael and Jane, played by Ben Whishaw and Emily Mortimer.

They are captured going through some of their old childhood things, including a kite.

Toy - Clouds - Part - Mary - Poppins

As they fly the toy, the clouds literally part and Mary Poppins descends to Earth from the heavens, shocking Michael and Jane with her sudden return.

They even poke fun...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!