Prison chaplain tells how he was terrorised by extremist inmates who 'backed ISIS'

Mail Online | 9/16/2018 | Ian Gallagher;Jonathan Petre for The Mail on Sunday
gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/15/22/5039E7D000000578-0-image-a-23_1537046278702.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/16/1155750572210342945/1024x576_MP4_1155750572210342945.mp4

Islamic militants hijacked a prison chaplain's Bible classes and physically assaulted and abused him because of his Christian faith.

Pastor Paul Song today describes how he was left in a state of near- constant fear after Muslim gangs, acting with impunity, came to dominate Brixton Prison in South London. He tells The Mail on Sunday of one chilling incident when a small group stormed his gathering in the prison chapel and began loudly praising the jihadis who hacked soldier Lee Rigby to death in the street.

'It

'It was obscene,' he said.

Mr Song describes how a hardline element grew increasingly powerful, threatening vulnerable inmates and telling them to convert to Islam for their own protection. The pastor says many of his fellow volunteer chaplains were driven out through intimidation, too.

'My - Colleagues

'My colleagues couldn't take any more,' he said.

'My classes were often disrupted. At times inmates openly spoke in the chapel in support of Islamic State and suicide bombers. And there was nothing I could do about it... They spoke with such hatred of Britain that it was frightening.'

Occasion - Mr - Song - South - Korea

On another occasion, Mr Song, who was born in South Korea, says he was racially abused, jeered and hit on the back.

It left him afraid of lingering anywhere in the prison that wasn't covered by CCTV.

Menacing - Mr - Song - Extremism - Brixton

Despite this menacing atmosphere, it was Mr Song who ended up being accused of extremism. An imam took over as Brixton's head chaplain and stopped the pastor running his mainstream evangelical courses because, he said, some of the material was too 'radical'.

Mr Song's disturbing account of life inside Brixton Prison comes at a time of growing crisis in the prison service, which faces overcrowding and staff shortages.

Months - Jails - Friday - Thousands - Prison

In the past nine months, four jails have been described as 'failing'. And on Friday thousands of prison officers walked out for six hours in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...