Two male New York City Ballet principal dancers are FIRED over explicit photo scandal

Mail Online | 9/16/2018 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
joyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/16/02/503BE4F400000578-0-image-a-51_1537061509041.jpg

Two male New York City Ballet principal dancers have been fired after they were accused of sharing explicit photos of female ballerinas.

Dancers Zachary Catazaro, 29, and Amar Ramasar, 36, were fired on Saturday morning.

Bombshell - Lawsuit - Student - Dancer - Alexandra

The two were cited in the bombshell lawsuit by 20-year-old student dancer Alexandra Waterbury, who accused them sharing nude photos with her ex-boyfriend Chase Finlay, who was also a principal dancer at the company until he recently resigned.

The two were suspended without pay on August 27 for 'inappropriate communications' before they were terminated on Saturday.

Waterbury - Finlay - Photos - Videos - Catazaro

Waterbury alleged that Finlay sent explicit photos and videos of her to Catazaro and Ramasar and other men at the company writing 'You have any pictures of girls you’ve f–ked? I’ll send you some [hot] ballerina girls I’ve made scream', according to the New York Post.

She says Ramasar reportedly sent back a picture of a ballet dancer’s breasts. Waterbury also accused Catazaro of exchanging explicit photos with Finlay, but didn't elaborate on the content.

Ballet - Company - Ramasar - Catazaro - Finlay

The ballet company said Ramasar, Catazaro, and Finlay were 'engaged in inappropriate communications, that while personal, off-hours and off-site, had violated the norms of conduct that NYCB expects from its employee'.

However the dancers are hitting back against the allegations and in statements released Saturday say they're shocked by the firing.

New - York - City - Ballet - Decision

'I am shocked and deeply saddened by the New York City Ballet’s decision to fire me,' Ramasar said Saturday in a statement. 'I am an honest and honorable person, and have always treated everyone, including my colleagues, staff, friends and others at NYCB, with the upmost respect.'

He added that he will be telling his side of the story in the days to come.

Story - Result - People - Time

'My full story has yet to be revealed and as a result, people have concluded the worst about me. Unfortunately we live in a time...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!