Dallas Cowboys draw lowest local Week 1 TV rating in nine years

Mail Online | 9/25/2017 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/14/12/502B276000000578-0-image-a-6_1536926289881.jpg

The NFL's ratings saga continued in Week 1, as the Dallas Cowboys drew their lowest local Week 1 Nielsen rating since 2009.

According to Barry Horn, who previously worked for the Dallas Morning News, the Cowboys drew a 28.2 in the Dallas-Fort Worth media market for Sunday's opening loss to the Panthers in Carolina. The Cowboys haven't drawn such a low local rating since they opened the season at Tampa Bay following a year in which they did not make the playoffs.

Cowboys - Postseason - Years - Acquisitions - Pro

The current Cowboys have not reached the postseason in two years and did not make any major off-season acquisitions, although they did lose three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Dez Bryant and are currently without All-Pro center Travis Frederick, who is suffering from an autoimmune disorder.

But even given the team's limited expectations, the Cowboys have been one of the league's more reliable draws at the box office and in terms of Nielsen ratings. The team is valued at a league-high $4.8 billion, according to Forbes.

NFL - Ratings - Percent - Years - Critics

In total, NFL ratings have slipped roughly 17 percent over the last two years. Many critics, including President Donald Trump, have pointed to the controversial protests during the national anthem, which are aimed at raising awareness of racism and police brutality against minorities.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has been very critical of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!