Christian College Students Open to Biblical and Theological Training: Barna

www.christianpost.com | 9/12/2018 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://data.christianpost.com/full/132862/college-students-class.jpg

While today's students don't see spiritual development as a goal of college, they are still open to some biblical and theological training, a major survey has found.

In partnership with the Association for Biblical Higher Education, the Barna Group asked 1,011 Christian students, 18 and older, about their openness to faith-based or religious learning opportunities. Do Christian students, surveyors asked, prioritize spiritual growth in their decisions about college?

Researchers - Christians - Evangelicals - Development - Reasons

Researchers found that while most practicing Christians and evangelicals view moral and spiritual development as important, they aren't considered the best reasons to pursue a college education. Only 7 percent of self-identified Christians say college is for encouraging spiritual growth, and just 14 percent say it's for developing moral character.

However, among those same groups, there is significant level of interest in biblical or theological training outside of traditional undergraduate or graduate degree programs.

Practicing - Christians - Percent - One-third - Evangelicals

Three in 10 practicing Christians (31 percent) and one-third of evangelicals (33 percent) expressed interest in "continued professional development that focuses on integrating faith and applying it to my career." One in four evangelicals (26 percent) were interested in "single, one-off intensives, refreshers or workshops on a religious topic for personal enrichment," and one in five (20 percent) said the same about "engagement in a religious education hub in my area where I can study theology for personal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!