Granddaughter slams care home after it serves grandmother, 79, frozen chips with one slice of ham

Mail Online | 9/10/2018 | Brendan Mcfadden For Mailonline
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/09/10/11/4FFAA8A400000578-0-image-a-43_1536576169370.jpg

A nursing home which boasts of restaurant-style dining has been blasted by the granddaughter of a 79-year-old resident who was served a slice of ham with a handful of frozen chips.

Elisha Thompson took to Facebook to shame Claremont Parkway care home in Kettering, Northamptonshire over food she claims it served to her grandmother, Mary Thompson who is recovering from a serious operation.

Brochure - Claremont - Menus - Meals - Variety

In its brochure, Claremont boasts 'delicious appetising menus, as good to eat as they are good for you' and 'restaurant-style meals combining variety with a balanced diet'.

But Elisha claimed she was served an anaemic-looking shred of ham and some over-cooked chips.

Picture - Dish - Mary - Daughter - Diane

Alongside a picture of the pathetic-looking dish taken by Mary's daughter, Diane, 58, a furious Elisha said: 'This is my Grandma's dinner from Claremont care home In Kettering!!

'Absolutely disgraceful! They should be ashamed of themselves! How are the old and vulnerable meant to survive and get stronger! Everyone needs to be fully aware of how our loved ones are being treated!

'I - Dog

'I wouldn't feed that to my dog.'

Mary was provided with a sample menu that promised delights such as baked salmon with parsley sauce, roast spuds, parsnips and sprouts.

Diane - Mother - Claremont - General - Hospital

Diane explained how her mother was moved to Claremont from Kettering General Hospital at the end of July after surgery for a fractured and dislocated ankle.

Diane, operations manager at a bakery, said: 'Mum had a fall on July 14th and suffered three fractures and a double dislocation of her ankle.

'She - Home - Heals - Claremont - Respite

'She can't look after herself at home while she heals so she was moved to Claremont for respite care and physiotherapy.

'She had moaned about the food but I know old people can be particular about their cooking, so we thought she was just being a bit stuck in her ways.'

Diane - Mary - Plate - Ham - Chips

Diane said Mary was served the pitiful plate of ham and chips at lunchtime...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!