Paul Scheer says his new movie, Slice, is the hardest to describe

CNET | 9/10/2018 | Connie Guglielmo
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/uJu5pv1V-lKpzJazp_4shHnk3Mo=/2018/09/10/b85d579f-050a-4ef8-a32f-93e29cabfbf1/slicemoviewposter.jpg

You might know comedian, actor and writer Paul Scheer for his award-winning role on HBO's series, Veep. Or maybe you know him as Dr. Andre Nowzick in FX's The League about fantasy football fans.

But as I listen to the New York native's rapid-fire take on his latest flick Slice, I can only think about his job co-hosting the podcast How Did This Get Made?, which pays homage to bad movies that are fun to watch.

Slice - Chance - Rapper - Episode - HDTGM

That's because it's easy to imagine Slice, which co-stars Chance The Rapper, getting its own episode of HDTGM based on Scheer's two-minute long recap of the movie plot. I haven't seen the film yet -- it's being released this week-- but can't stop laughing at the fun and weird plot that even Scheer says is the hardest movie ever to describe. (Think Tim Burton meets John Waters, he says.)

Long story short, the comedy-horror thriller is about someone or something killing pizza delivery people. Here's just a taste of how Scheer described Slice during a Live@CNET Q&A at our San Francisco headquarters last month:

Pizza - Place - Pizza - Delivery - Boys

"I run this pizza place and my pizza delivery boys and girls, are getting killed by what we think is a ghost. But we learn that it might be something more suspect because a werewolf that also lives in this town was also framed for something similar many years ago. He worked for a Chinese food delivery place. And so the werewolf comes back to try and suss out what happened in the past."

Slice is just one of a few new projects Scheer is working on. He's also set to star as the father of a teen girl in Summer '03, who's trying to make sense of her grandmother's dying wisdom. And there's the reboot of the 1999 sci-fi comedy Galaxy Quest...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!