'Say Yes to the Dress' designer Pnina Tornai explains how she went from running a small shop in Israel to one of the world's most famous bridal labels

Business Insider | 9/7/2018 | Richard Feloni, Sarah Wyman
gabriella250 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b92cd778ea82ff4248b4ee0-1920-960.jpg

Pnina Tornai is one of the most in-demand bridal gown designers and her work is regularly featured on the TLC reality show "Say Yes to the Dress."

Despite a lack of formal training, she opened her first women's clothing boutique 30 years ago in Israel, and became famous there for her gowns.

New - York - Bridal - Store - Kleinfeld

She was initially turned down by the renowned New York bridal store Kleinfeld, but after persisting, became its in-house designer.

Pnina Tornai never thought she'd become one of the world's most sought-after bridal gown designers. She spent most of her childhood dreaming of becoming an actress. By the time she was in her late twenties, that dream seemed far-fetched. She was a single mom, struggling to support herself and stay healthy.

Tornai - Slump - Faith - Future - Gowns

Tornai pulled herself out of that slump by relying on her unshakable faith in a better future. Now, her gowns are popular around the world, she's the premiere exclusive designer at the famous New York bridal store Kleinfeld, and her work is prominently featured in the long-running TLC reality show "Say Yes to the Dress."

Her success in fashion has translated to a career on screen, fulfilling her childhood dream.

Episode

Listen to the full episode here:

Subscribe to "This Is Success" on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or your favorite podcast app. Check out previous episodes with:

Transcript - Clarity

Transcript edited for clarity.

Pnina Tornai: I was three and a half years old. I remember I really have the vision of the moment that I decided that all I wanted to be is the woman in the television. At the time, I thought it was a box. I didn't know what it was really. But I remember looking at myself in the mirror and saying, "This is what I want to do," and that's how I led my whole childhood. I never really studied in school. I used to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.