Mattis: New Anti-Trump Book ‘Fiction’ and Part of a ‘Uniquely Washington Brand of Literature’

Washington Free Beacon | 9/4/2018 | Paul Crookston
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GettyImages-963334604-e1534511418725.jpg

BY: Paul Crookston

Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Tuesday dismissed the allegations in Bob Woodward’s book Fear: Trump in the White House, which he called "fiction."

Mattis - Book - Example - Washington - Brand

Mattis said the upcoming book is an example of "a uniquely Washington brand of literature" and denied the criticisms of President Donald Trump that Woodward attributes to him.

"The contemptuous words about the president attributed to me in Woodward’s book were never uttered by me or in my presence," Mattis said in a statement. "While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature, and his anonymous sources do not lend credibility."

Mattis - Administration - Interests - Goals - Cooperation

Mattis defended the administration by pointing out how effectively they have worked together to serve American interests and achieve key goals. He admitted their cooperation can be "messy" but said debate has not led to enmity.

"While responsible policy making in the real world is inherently messy, it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!