Click For Photo: https://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/GettyImages-483987802.jpg
BY: Susan Crabtree Follow @susancrabtree
The State Department on Thursday formally cleared Obama and Trump administration officials from any wrongdoing in the lead-up and response to the still-unexplained sonic attacks in Cuba that harmed the health of at least 25 U.S. personnel, although it cited some problems with security staffing vacancies and communications "challenges."
Report - Congress - Agency - Fact - Sheet
After delivering the official report to Congress, the agency released a "fact sheet" to the press on the Accountability Review Board's (ARB) findings and recommendations. The ARB process, which Congress established, investigates what happened and issues recommendations aimed at preventing future incidents.
"The ARB found the department's security systems and procedures were overall adequate and properly implemented, though there were significant vacancies in security staffing and some challenges with information sharing and communication," the fact-sheet statement said.
ARB - US - Government - Employee - Misconduct
"The ARB did not find any U.S. government employee engaged in misconduct or performed unsatisfactorily in a way that contributed to these incidents," it continued.
The long-awaited report did not provide a timeline of exactly when U.S. personnel in Havana began to report the strange sonic incidents and health problems related to them, nor when they ended.
State - Department - Washington - Free - Beacon
The State Department did not immediately respond to Washington Free Beacon questions about the lack of a timeline in the ARB report and whether the State Department failed to safeguard residences for U.S. diplomats operating in Cuba for the first time in more than 50 years.
Diplomats have privately complained about the lack of communication and warnings about the danger of working in Havana after they heard about the first instances of sonic attacks and the impact on U.S. workers' health.
House - Members - State - Department - Timeline
All five Cuban-American House members have questioned the State Department about the exact timeline, which the State Department has previously said began during the end of the Obama administration and continued after President Donald Trump's team took the...
Wake Up To Breaking News!