Topshop is mocked for 'dreadful' outfit comprised of leather cycling shorts and a BLAZER

Mail Online | 8/30/2018 | Molly Rose Pike For Mailonline
DanRules394 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/08/29/16/4F7FE1CC00000578-0-image-a-57_1535556414272.jpg

Cycling shorts may have made their way from the track to the catwalk and onto the high street, but it seems not everyone is managing to get the look right.

Topshop has been mocked for tweeting a picture of a model wearing a pair of £125 black leather cycling shorts paired with a smart blazer.

Retailer - Outfit - Way - Trend - Celebrities

The retailer claimed the outfit is 'the smart way' to rock the new trend, which is loved by celebrities including Kim Kardashian.

But the post didn't go down well with the brand's Twitter followers, with one asking: 'Is this a parody?'

Shorts - Sizes - Stretch - Waistband - Knee

The shorts, which have sold out in three sizes, feature a stretch waistband and cut off just above the knee.

Topshop styled them with a plain white t-****, heeled black leather sandals and a sand-coloured oversized blazer.

Link - Website - Brand - Way - Shorts

Alongside a link to their website, the brand wrote: 'The smart way to wear cycling shorts.'

Despite Topshop's sales pitch, the tweet was mocked by Twitter users, who questioned the outfit the brand had put together.

'Topshop

One tweeted: 'Topshop, I love you. You know I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!