MEDITATION MONDAY – FOR THE HEALING OF…

Godspacelight | 8/27/2018 | Staff
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/The-colour-of-love.001.jpeg

Fun evening with JR Woodward and some local church planters

A post shared by Christine Sine (@christine.sine) on

Trinity Sunday at @cotapostlse

Love the peonies

Celebrating sending my edited manuscript for The Gift of Wonder off to IVPress

What do you think of the cover design

Wonderful get a few minutes with our good friend Alan Hirsch this afternoon

Wonderful to have Scott Mackey with us this morning

This has been a powerful week of healing for me.

I began the week in Victoria B.C. where Tom and I spent a day on one of our quarterly retreats. I spent most of the day writing poetry. Then I delved into Parker Palmer’s latest book On the Brink of Everything, where he shares about the power of poetry in his life. I was particularly struck by his words I write poetry as well as read it because it’s one of the best forms of self-therapy I know. I have never consciously sought healing through my reading and writing of poetry yet as I reflected on these words I realized that healing has come as I crafted my words into poems and prayers, many of which I have shared on this blog. It is indeed a powerful form of self-therapy for me and I suspect for many of us.

Thursday - Evening - Poet - Vicky - Edmonds

On Thursday evening we had a local poet, Vicky Edmonds in our home. She shared about the work she does with children encouraging them to find healing in the writing of poetry. She expressed the belief that the most beautiful part of each of us is invisible and invited us to name one of our invisible beauties and make a poem about it. We started by naming the beauty and then identifying a color we associated with it. She then asked “how is this helping you and the world?” It was a profound and inspiring process.

The invisible beauty I named was love. This was partly because my week has been spent pondering the question “What did God breathe into us to give us life?” I came to the conclusion that as God is love, it was love that gave us life and I surmised that God’s breath is love incarnate – simple words...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!